Version 3.1.17 of the Tcl Windows API (TWAPI) extension has been released.
Project home page, including documentation, download links and
examples, is at http://twapi.magicsplat.com
Following is a summary of the major changes in 3.1 over 3.0
For a complete list, including INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES, see
* Support for IPv6 network related commands
* Support for taskbar icons and notifications
* Support for resource loading and extractions
Note that as of this release, TWAPI no longer supports
Windows 2000 or Tcl 8.4.
TWAPI is distributed in multiple formats.
* A ZIP archive, "twapi-VERSION.zip", that includes the Tcl scripts
(including test scripts) in source form and is platform independent,
containing both 32- and 64-bit DLLs.
* A ZIP archive, "twapi-VERSION-bin.zip", in which the Tcl scripts
are embedded within the DLL. This is also platform independent and
simultaneuosly supports both 32- and 64-bit Tcl.
* A single file Tcl module, "twapi-PLATFORM-VERSION.tm", for Tcl 8.5
and above. This is platform-specific (separate 32- and 64-bit versions)
* A standalone DLL, "twapi-PLATFORM-VERSION.dll", that can be
directly loaded into any supported version of Tcl. This is also
See http://twapi.magicsplat.com/installation.html for more details
and the pros/cons of each distribution.
The Tcl Windows API (TWAPI) extension provides
access to over 500 functions in the Windows API
from within the Tcl scripting language.
Functions in the following areas are implemented:
* System functions including OS and CPU information,
shutdown and message formatting
* User and group management
* COM client support
* Security and resource access control
* Window management
* User input: generate key/mouse input and hotkeys
* Basic sound playback functions
* Windows services
* Windows event log access
* Process and thread management
* Directory change monitoring
* Lan Manager and file and print shares
* Drive information, file system types etc.
* Network configuration and statistics
* Network connection monitoring and control
* Named pipes
* Clipboard access
* Taskbar icons and notifications
* Console mode functions
* System performance data
* Window stations and desktops
* Task scheduling
* Shell functions for shortcuts, themes, dialogs, resources
* Windows Installer
* Power management
* Device I/O and management
* Crypto API