tvpvrd - (TV Personal Video Recorder Daemon). A Unix server/daemon to make scheduled recordings of TV broadcasts using one or multiple Video capture cards with optional automatic transcoding (using ffmpeg)
- Client server architecture with automatic client arbitration
- Multi threaded, multi process architecture
- Simultaneous recording using multiple capture cards
- Multi transcoding with user defined profiles
- Automatic load balancing with queue management for transcoding
- Efficient command language to manipulate and schedule recordings
- Easy to use support for recurring recordings, daily, weekly, workdays, etc
- Self contained XML based recording database
- Small footprint and efficient TCP/IP port command interface
- Optional password protected login
- Large File Support (LFS) to enable recorded files with sizes >2GB
- Full UTF-8 support for strings
- Extensive logging, statistics and information available from server
- Possible to configure as master/slave for distributed transcoding
- Built in micro-web server to allow easy browser acess
- Themeable WEB-interface automatically detects access from mobile phones
- Optional mail notification (either system or built in full smtp mail client)
- Supports recording from all available input source
- Includes a power daemon to manage power on/off
- Supports server wakeup/shutdown using BIOS Real Time Clock
I've recorded my favorite tv shows. Thanks, tvpvrd!
simply the best open source software.
Really nice project! Thanks for your job!
Works nicely! Gracias!
It works for me, nuff said