TurboPING is a utility I wrote to monitor, in real-time, a number of network connections. The minimum delay between pings can be set to one millisecond, in practice this means that you can continuously ping at a rate of about 60 pings per second.
- Enter the IP address or hostname to ping
- Set the delay in milliseconds between pings (1 ms - 10,000 ms)
- Set the number of pings displayed per pixel (in the screenshots you are looking at a resolution of 5 and 20 pings per pixel)
- Due to the high noise when pinging that fast (spikes are common), I applied a low-pass Gaussian filtering before drawing the graph
- Timeouts are visible as spikes
- The address, average ping time (calculated within viewable window) and number of pings per second (overall) are visible at all times
- The window is made to be always on top, at all times
- Clicking the window hides (and shows) the window frame, title bar and settings
- In minimal display mode, use the arrow keys to move the window 1 pixel, hold shift to move 10 pixels
Use this very frequently. Great when troubleshooting or maintenance on servers.
I use it every day!