================== TSPSG v0.1 beta 1 Release README ==================
TSPSG was built under Kubuntu Linux 10.10 using Qt 4.7.0. It depends on
the following packages: libqt4-core, libqt4-gui, libqt4-svg and all
required dependencies. In some distributions Qt imageformats plugins
may come as a separate package, so to get support of additional image
formats for solution graph export you may also need to install this
NOTE: Please, note that package names may differ in your distribution.
For example, libqt4-core may be named as qt-core. Just be sure that you
install Qt 4.7.0 or later.
TSPSG supports Windows XP and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
The Installer contains both 32-bit and 64-bit builds and installs the
one according to your system.
TSPSG supports Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC edition and higher.
Minimal recommended resolution is QVGA (240x320).
This build of TSPSG uses shared Qt libraries. The free storage
space requirements are high (~11 MB) but it uses less RAM (~3.5 MB
for a 5-city task).
Static build of TSPSG compressed with UPX. It has a smaller free
space requirements (~2.6 MB) but uses much more RAM (~10 MB for
TSPSG was built under FreeBSD 6.3 using Qt 4.6.3. The following
packages/ports are required to be able to run it: devel/qt4-corelib,
x11-toolkits/qt4-gui, graphics/qt4-svg and all required dependencies.
To get support of additional image formats for solution graph export
you may also install graphics/qt4-imageformats package/port.
NOTE: Please, note, that FreeBSD build is highly experimental
as it has not been tested.
TSPSG v0.1 beta 1 (build 145)
- Solution graph generation.
- Support for switching between available Qt styles.
- Toolbar customization support (only on desktop platforms).
- An option to remember last used directory when saving and opening.
- Automatically check for updates at the given interval option (only
on Windows platform at this moment).
- Improved the solution output generation algorithm. It is now about
1.65 times faster.
- Dragging and dropping task file on the main window now opens it.
- The deafult output font is now DejaVu LGC Sans Mono and it comes
"embedded" in the executable.
- The current desktop icon theme in Linux is now used if it follows
freedesktop.org icon theme and icon naming spesifications.
- Translations are now "embedded" in the executable but may be
overrided by placing files with the same names in l10n folder.
- Support for Windows 7 Taskbar Extensions (namely, Progress Bars).
- About dialog was "tabified". Added GPL License and Credits tabs.
- Platform dependent settings (e.g. paths) are saved per-platform.
- 32x32 icons are used on handheld platforms. This slightly decreases
the size of handheld versions. Desktop icons are still 128x128.
- Windows binary builds were moved from MSVC to Mingw-w64: no more
Visual C++ Runtime dependency.
- Solution related actions not disabled when solution is canceled.
- "Autosize" setting was never saved and was always on.
TSPSG v0.1 alpha 2 (build 100)
- New TSPSG icon.
- Symmetric mode: in this mode the cost of travel from city 1 to
city 2 and vice versa is the same.
- Printing of solution results (if the platform supports it).
- Saving solution to PDF (if the platform supports printing).
- An ability to reset all settings to their defaults: hold Shift
while clicking Save button in the Settings Dialog.
- An ability to generate fractional random numbers.
- An ability to set the fractional accuracy (in decimail places).
- An ability to select between using native and Qt's file dialogs
when opening and saving tasks and solutions.
- An ability to disable showing of the solution steps' matrices in
- An ability to enable scroll to the end of the solution output after
- An ability ot enable automatic resize of columns and rows to their
contents on its change.
- Basic support for Symbian.
- Check for updates functionality (only in Windows version at this
- Improved the solution algorithm.
- The maximum number of cities in task was increased to 50.
NOTE: Showing the solution steps' matrices is disabled by default
for tasks with more than 15 cities to considerably speed up the
generation of the solution output process.
- List of alternate candidates for branching is now displayed.
- Warning about possible non-optimal result.
- Open a file, passed as command-line argument.
- Currently opened file name is displayed in the Main Window title.
- "Save Solution" and "Back to Task" buttons in Solution tab for
- The size of the toolbar buttons is now determined based on the
device DPI in Windows Mobile and Symbian.
- SIP show/hide handling in Windows Mobile.
- Toolbar state and position are now saved and restored with the Main
Window state and position.
- Window translucency support in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- The resulting path is now sorted, always starts from City 1 and has
"City 1 -> City n -> ... -> City 1" format.
- Translations were moved from i18n to l10n folder to follow common
- Reworked the Settings Dialog layout.
- Reworked the About dialog.
- A solution couldn't be found for some tasks while the task had at
least one solution (mostly, tasks with a lot of restrictions).
- An error when loading .zkt file with less than 5 cities.
- Generated random numbers were not in the range defined by Minimum
and Maximum settings.
TSPSG v0.1 alpha 1 (build 42)
This is initial TSPSG release.
- Solving taks with up to 5 cities.
- Generating tasks.
- Saving solution results to HTML and ODF.
- Importing tasks from ZKomModRd.
- Multilinguality: English, Russian and Ukrainian languages.
- Linux/UNIX, Windows and Windows Mobile support.