Unofficial Windows build of Transmission-Qt, in fact a fork of that project with some corrections, many additions to support the use on Windows with many modifications to enhance usability -- this means its not exactly Transmission-Qt as released. This project may even disappear when Transmission's own Windows support becomes official.
Transmission is a well known BitTorrent Client (http://www.transmissionbt.com). This project follows what was started on the Transmission forum.
- Built from part of latest upstream release.
- Includes some unreleased enhancements and bug fixes.
- Includes build of D-Bus 1.10.0 daemon, used for file and magnet association.
- Installer made with BitRock InstallBuilder 16.4.0.
- Built using gcc 6.1.0; Qt 4.8.7; libevent 2.0.22; curl 7.50.3; c-ares 1.11.0; OpenSSL 1.0.2j; miniupnp 1.9
- Built using MXE (formerly MinGW cross compiling environment.)
- Using QtCurve 1.8.14 (version 2.42+ and above)
Great, lightweight and very stable torrent client. It's awesome for huge torrent packs (where is a lot folders n files inside 1 torrent. Latest x64 version is my choice "Transmission-Qt-2.84.9-x86_64" Works good enough!
Very happy to se this application for Windows as well. Have been using it for Mac many years. One thing I don't like is that you can't set seed/upload to 0k in the Windows version. Same is for seeding time, minimum 60 minutes. The Mac version fixes all this, that's one of the big reasons I prefer it. :)
best lightweight torrent for windows ever
Simple, lightweight, and no ads. I first learned about Transmission when it came pre-installed with Ubuntu and I have been using it as my only torrent client for years now.
No patched sources or patches to upstream changes available. And that on a site with the name SOURCEforge. While I like the client itself, I'm very disappointed by the behavior of both the upstream authors and the author of trqtw.