TRAK Enterprise Architecture
The TRAK Enterprise Architecture Framework document (TRAK_Overall.pdf) is one of 3 that collectively define the TRAK Enterprise Architecture framework. The others are:
- TRAK Viewpoints at http://sf.net/p/trakviewpoints (specifications for views)
- TRAK Metamodel at http://sf.net/p/trakmetamodel (the objects and relationships)
This document provides the top level specification for TRAK, its relationship with ISO/IEC 42010, defines conformance with TRAK and provides overall rules. It invokes the TRAK Viewpoints and TRAK Metamodel documents.
TRAK-on-a-page.pdf provides a vert short guide to using TRAK.
TRAK on the Internet
- TRAK Community - http://trak-community.org
- TRAK Group on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/groups/TRAK-Enterprise-Architecture-Framework-3256940
- TRAK Group on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_172938462752985
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/trak_af
- Implementations of TRAK e.g. Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Salamander MooD, Microsoft Visio, OmniGraffle (Mac, iPad) etc. http://trak.sourceforge.net/implementations.html
Figure 1-1, Figure 1-2- added document numbers.
Figure 3-1 – number of viewpoints changed to 24.
Added SVp-11 Solution Event Causes and SVp-13 Solution Risk Viewpoints to 8.5 Solution Perspective.
TRAK. Implementation. Architecture Description Elements.
Added link and reference to to TRAK_AF Twitter feed.
Changes to TRAK Metamodel (1st January 2016):
Event, Risk, Threat (syn. Hazard), Vulnerability added to Table 6-1 TRAK Architecture Description Element Names - Blocks.
Added connectors: 'can lead to', 'exposure to', 'caused by', 'contributes to', 'exploits', 'impacts on', 'is managed by', 'poses', 'results in'
Claim - changed 'conformance level claimed' attribute to 'compliance level claimed'. Requirement - changed 'compliance level' to 'compliance level required'.
The changes are outlined at http://trak.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/trak/trunk/?view=log
Folder Structure on Sourceforge
- documents concerned with implementation of TRAK in modelling or drawing tools. Includes specification of names to be used for objects, attributes, enumerated lists, standards that apply e.g. RFCs etc.
Suitability of Architecture Description Language
- documents mapping notation languages to TRAK
- documents relating to the compliance of TRAK with the international standard for architecture description ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011.
Note that there is a set of web pages (an architecture description) that presents the claims, supporting arguments and supporting evidence (assurance - Claims, Arguments, Evidence - CAE) in respect of:-
1) the conformance of TRAK as an architecture framework against section 6 of the standard
2) the conformance of a TRAK-conforming architecture description against section 5 of the standard
This is located at:- http://trak.sourceforge.net/index.html#ISO_42010
Steering Group Documents
- documents created or used by the TRAK Steering Group responsible for directing and co-ordinating the definition of TRAK
- documents relating to the International Council on Systems Engineering. Currently comments from the UK Architecture Working Group.