What is it?
It's a Bootloader for Microchip, Atmel, NXP, TI and 8051 devices.
A Bootloader is a firmware running in the microcontroler device which allows the user to send it's own firmware without the need of a programmer.
This Bootloader consists of:
- firmwares for many devices (this firmware need to be send to the device's flash memory with a programmer, only once)
- a PC software which communicates with the bootloader firmware in the device and send the user's program in its memory
Where does it come from?
This Bootloader is based on "Tiny PIC Bootloader" made by Claudiu Chiculita.
A special THANK to him!!!
What can it do?
It can program:
- Microchip PIC10/12/16/18/24/32/dsPIC30/33
- Atmel ATtiny, ATmega
- TI MPS430
- NXP ARM Cortex-M0+
- Silicon Labs C8051
- with light modifications to the Bootloader firmware for new devices
- without modifying your source code or using a special linker script
- via GUI or command line prog
- with automatic Reset
This is really cool, because now with TBL loaded into a uC and using a USD2 usb to ttlRS232 you do not need a PICKIT2 / PICKIT3 / Blaster to load code into a uC. That's is really awesome thanks guys for all your effort. ebay: 5PCS USB To RS232 TTL PL2303HX Auto Converter ----> USD8 / 5pcs uC = PIC or AVR micro Computer USD = US Dolload ---> reviews with Dollar signs are prohibited. :)