Changes in Tilemaster v0.31 since v0.30:
- More gradient fill tools.
- A new IO plugin to compile tile catalog and all images into a zip file. Just give ".tica.zip" as file extension, and everything will be stored in the zip file.
- More comprehensive error messages for file name extension problems.
- New "Resize Canvas" menu option. Should work up to 32000x32000 pixels size (but please keep in mind that Tilemaster is aimed at editing small images).
- JPG files are now allowed to be imported.
- Renamed first default integer attribute to "Value" to avoid confusion with the internal tile IDs.
- File selector windows are bigger now.
- Tile set PNG files are now named <index>,<id>,<name>.png by default.
- Tilemaster saves the current color map on exit and restores it on the next start.
- Tilemaster now starts with a HSB type of color map initially. (To reset a saved color map, go to <user home>/.tilemaster/ and delete the colormap.pal file there.)
- Recolor tool makes color choices more explicit and therefore easier to understand.
To run Tilemaster, unzip the tilemaster.zip and execute the start.bat script if you are using Windows, or start.sh if you are using Unix (maybe works for MacOS X, too). If the start script doesn't work, you can try to double click the tilemaster.jar file. If you have java 6 properly installed this should start Tilemaster, but it doesn't load the plugins (which at the moment only seems to work with the start.bat/start.sh scripts).
If you are familiar with the command line interface of your OS, this line should start Tilemaster and also load the plugins:
java -classpath plugins;Tilemaster.jar;lib\Itemizer.jar tilemaster.editor.TilesetEditor
For more information please check the wiki:
The tilemaster-trunk.tar.gz archive contains the sources, plugin sources and
example data for this release.