The Text Trix editor is an open-source, cross-platform text editor with a mind for user-friendly file and text navigation.
- Tabbed files and group tabbing
- Syntax highlighter and spell-checker
- Develop and install your own plugins
- Quick find by word or line
- Line bookmarks for navigating within files
- Emacs/Vi-style shortcuts available
- Cross-platform and completely free
Follow Text Trix
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Thanks for visiting Text Trix! We hope you'll enjoy using it, and please let us know any feedback on how we can improve it.
This project has some nice features but is not ready to be used. Non-standard verbiage makes it less intuitive. "line dance" is used instead of "bookmark"; this is meant to be cute (no thanks). The exit dialog has "toss out" instead of "discard"; this requires the user to pause and re-think what needs to be done. Font colors are limited to 8 text words! A minimum of 48-64 colors are needed for the real world. Yet one more deal breaker. Rating = 2-1/2 stars.