texgenpack is a texture compression and conversion program featuring a command line utility and a simple GUI program . Compression is implemented using a genetic algorithm. It supports compression, decompression, conversion and comparison of texture and image files.
The image format supported is PNG, while for textures there is support for KTX, PKM and DDS using ETC1, ETC2, DXT1/3/5 or BPTC (BC7) texture compression. Several uncompressed texture format are also supported.
This program requires the installation of libfgen, also avalable on SourceForge.
- Support for ETC1, common in mobile applications.
- Support for ETC2, the new standard mandated by OpenGL 4.3 and OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Support for the KTX and PKM file formats for holding ETC textures.
- DXT1/3/5 compression and DDS file format support.
- Support for the high-quality BPTC (BC7) format.
- Support for the BPTC_FLOAT (BC6H) format and HDR compression.
- Multi-threaded genetic algorithm using libfgen.
- Due to the nature of the algorithm new formats only need a decoding function to implement compression.
- Multiple speed/quality options.
- Automatic mipmap generation.
- Support for several kinds of ETC2 RGB + alpha textures.
- Wide range of conversion options.
- Due to speed limitations not recommended for compressing large amounts of big textures.
Be the first to post a review of texgenpack!