TAudioConverter is an advanced, multithreaded audio converter-extractor and CD Ripper. It can convert any audio format to aac, mp3, wav, flac, ac3, ogg, opus, mpc, ape or tta. It can also, extract audio streams from video files. It can apply various effects to audio streams.
Installers no longer contain ads.
Beta releases are located here: https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-audio-converter/downloads
- Convert audio files to audio files
- Rip CDs
- Extract audio files from videos and encode them
- Encode to aac, aac+, ogg, mp3, flac, wav, opus, ac3, mpc, ape, tta, tak, alac
- Copy embedded artwork to output folder
- Select between multiple encoders
- Both portable and setup versions are available
- Apply effects to audio files
- Simple clear interface
- Shell extension to start encoding with right clicking
I personally did not encounter any malware issues. If you're unsure, just download the portable version. I was won over by the multi-threading and available 64-bit portable platform. Extensive encoding options including lame are also a big plus. The interface is streamlined and intuitive even without the extra skins, and recently added CD ripping really completes the package. Unfortunately, starting with version 0.9.4, the Win(x64) downloads ultimately launch a 32-bit process. This seems to coincide with the appearance of the CD ripper. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm confident it will be corrected.
There is Nothing wrong with installer When installing pay strict attention to install. You do have options to skip and not install of snad.do. Note: Those who were complaining about adware were simply not reading or paying attention to what they were clicking.