Taprats is a Java applet that implements an islamic tiling technique based on the work of Hankin in the early part of the twentieth century, and on more recent papers by A.J. Lee and Craig S. Kaplan. By Craig S. Kaplan and Pierre Baillargeon.
- Taprats integrates the tool to design new tiling patterns.
- Taprats can export to SVG if you have the Batik SVG toolkit installed and in your class path.
- Taprats can export to images like PNG and JPEG, among others.
- Taprats can export to EPS (Encapsulated Postscript).
- Now allow starred, hourglass and rosetted inferring of irregular figures.
- Added Girih inferring to reproduce accurately designs using old Islamic techniques described by Peter J. Lu.
- Added a base Girih tiles tiling to help explore Girih tilings.
Amazingly awesome! Thank you so much developers!!
gerat and unique project,the only thing i miss is the export to svg format , since i use linux eps isnt well supported.
This made me take interest in plays of geometry and i created a dwg filled wit columns of accurate plays of polygons upto 20 sides. trying to make stars of each and how they could be mixed up. A naive but original start.. haven't gone much far and i still have to implement it in any of my designs.. Btw very very good work and great of you to have made this and put it up. Regards and respect!
A step on from the original Taprats, a pleasure to use,