This tool makes it possible for you embedded device UART based CLI commands to become a host command.
uBoot has a command as "pr". It displays the list fo available commands and settings.
The list is often huge. Whould it not be nice, if you could run "grep" command over it??
Well, sysCli makes that possible. An example session will show you how: (on Windows Cygwin)
syscli _stay & # This command starts syscli server
syscli _open COM1 115200 # Invokes a client syscli and asking server to open COM1
syscli _seteot 0x23 # Letting server know that command prompt ends with '#' (0x23)
syscli pr | grep my_text # Client syscli asking server to send "pr" command; grepping..
syscli pr > myfile.txt # redirecting output of "pr" command to a file.
A uboot command prompt on target board may end with a whitespace. E.g. a (space) 0x20 or a (tab) 0x09 instead of a '#' (0x23).
- Embedded board CLI commands are integrated to the PC
- Call Target Board CLI commands as if it is a normal shell command
- Process the output of the Target CLI commands through Grep or Perl and based on the output, issu next Target CLI commands...all from PC system shell
- No need to write any Terminal Scripts (E.g. TeraTerm Scripts)
- Useful in automating Test Cases
Be the first to post a review of sysCli!