A cross-platform ANSI-BBS terminal designed to connect to remote BBSs via telnet, rlogin, or SSH. Supports ANSI music and the IBM charset when possible. Will run from a console, under X11 using XLib, or using SDL.
- X/Y/ZModem up/downloads
- Runs in full-screen mode on ALL platforms (ALT-Enter switches modes)
- *nix versions will run using SDL, X11, or using curses
- Win32 version uses the Windows Console or SDL
- Full ANSI-BBS support
- Full CGTerm Commodore 64 PETSCII support
- Full Atari 8-bit ATASCII support
- DoorWay support
- Support for IBM low and high ASCII including the face graphics (☺ and ☻) and card symbols (♥, ♦, ♣, and ♠) which so many other terms have problems with (may not work in curses mode... depends on the terminal being used).
- ANSI Music (through the sound card if installed)
- Telnet, RLogin, SSH, RAW, modem, shell (*nix only) and direct serial connections
- Supports character pacing for ANSI animation as well as the VT500 ESC[*r sequence to allow dynamic speed changes
- Comes with 43 standard fonts and allows the BBS to change the current font *and* upload custom fonts. This tool will allow you to create fonts for use with SyncTERM.
- Supports Operation Overkill ][ Terminal emulation
This beautifully re-creates the ansi world from back in the day. I've tried this on multiple platforms (Linux, FreeBSD, Win32) and it faithfully reproduces the BBS experience. I've been heavily using this terminal in the re-development of my own BBS.
One of the few apps that properly displays the IBM charset on a MAC. Highly recommended.