Read the changelist for details.
Zip File Contents:
1. Binaries of Swiss File Knife Base, the multi function command line tool
for Windows (XP to Windows 8), Intel Linux (current and old releases),
Apple Macintosh (i686 and PPC) and ARM systems like Raspberry Pi.
2. Sourcecode and build scripts of SFK Base,
allowing compilation under Windows and Linux.
3. Some documentation, example and test files.
If you are in a hurry and want only a single executable,
- download any of these files:
sfk.exe Swiss File Knife for Windows.
sfk-linux.exe SFK for 32 bits Intel Linux, like Ubuntu.
sfk-linux-64.exe SFK for 64 bits Intel Linux, like Ubuntu 64.
sfk-linux-lib5.exe SFK for older Intel Linux, like DSL.
sfk-mac-i686.exe SFK for current Intel based Macs.
sfk-mac-ppc.exe SFK for older PowerPC Macs.
sfk-arm.exe SFK for ARM systems like Raspberry Pi.
- do NOT double click on the downloaded .exe,
but open a terminal or command line window (CMD.EXE).
- cd into your download folder.
- Linux/Mac: rename the .exe to just "sfk" like:
mv sfk-mac-i686.exe sfk
then make it executable by:
chmod +x sfk
and finally type:
- Windows: rename the .exe to sfk.exe then type "sfk"
if you have no unzip tool, or in a wrong version,
you may download unzip for the command line from
- CHG: SYNTAX CHANGE: by default, sfk xfind and xtext now show
complete text lines containing one or more search hits.
add option -pure to show only search hits as before,
or change defaults by an environment variable
sfk xtext is now an alias of xfind -nobin,
i.e. it searches only in text files.
- CHG: COMPLETE REWORK OF SEARCH FUNCTIONS:
xfind, xtext, xhexfind, extract.
output may look completely different now.
many new options. reworked help text.
CHECK YOUR BATCH FILES if the new outputs
still work for you as expected.
- CHG: SYNTAX CHANGE: sfk find: patterns starting with "-"
are no longer supported directly but must be prefixed by "\".
options can now be given after search patterns.
- add: sfk csvtotab to convert comma separated data.
- add: sfk tabtocsv to convert tab separated data to csv.
- add: sfk filter -trim, -ltrim, -rtrim to remove blanks
and tab characters at start or end of lines.
- add: sfk fromclip: option -ltrim and alias "sfk lclip"
to remove blanks and tabs at start of lines.
- add: sfk xfind/xex -bylinelist to specify a simplified
list of search terms without any totext.
- add: sfk extract is now available in base/xd.
- add: sfk view: improved help if dview is not found.
- add: xed, xex: direct reading of zip file entries.
- chg: sfk view: now passing through all non sfk options
and parameters as is, like "-tab 8".
parms with blanks are enquoted.
- chg: source code cleanup: removed patch.cpp and inst.cpp,
integrated them into sfknet.cpp and renamed this to
sfkext.cpp for easy compilation.
- chg: default replace color with theme:white now purple
on windows and linux.
- chg: sfk xex -showparts now shows only part numbers
then stops processing.
- chg: xreplace: improved [lstart] handling.
- fix: xreplace: character classes at start of pattern
with a zero min length like in "/[0.100 white]foo/"
did not work in case of zero length hit.
- chg: hexfind: now using wide hexdump.
- chg: xed, xex: without any patterns it now passes through
- fix: filter +xed produced LF i/o CRLF under windows.
- fix: (x)hexfind: did not show absolute offset in file.
- fix: (x)hexfind: ignored windows console width.
- fix: extract, xfind -tofile: -nofile was ignored.
- add: sfk cmd n, print a command n from the help text
as one long line.
- add: web reference info per command.