Read the changelist for details.
Zip File Contents:
1. Binaries of Swiss File Knife Base, the multi function command line tool
for Windows (XP to Windows 8), Intel Linux (current and old releases),
Apple Macintosh (i686 and PPC) and ARM systems like Raspberry Pi.
2. Sourcecode and build scripts of SFK Base,
allowing compilation under Windows and Linux.
3. Some documentation, example and test files.
If you are in a hurry and want only a single executable,
- download any of these files:
sfk.exe Swiss File Knife for Windows.
sfk-linux.exe SFK for 32 bits Intel Linux, like Ubuntu.
sfk-linux-64.exe SFK for 64 bits Intel Linux, like Ubuntu 64.
sfk-linux-lib5.exe SFK for older Intel Linux, like DSL.
sfk-mac-i686.exe SFK for current Intel based Macs.
sfk-mac-ppc.exe SFK for older PowerPC Macs.
sfk-arm.exe SFK for ARM systems like Raspberry Pi.
- do NOT double click on the downloaded .exe,
but open a terminal or command line window (CMD.EXE).
- cd into your download folder.
- Linux/Mac: rename the .exe to just "sfk" like:
mv sfk-mac-i686.exe sfk
then make it executable by:
chmod +x sfk
and finally type:
- Windows: rename the .exe to sfk.exe then type "sfk"
if you have no unzip tool, or in a wrong version,
you may download unzip for the command line from
- fix: addcr, remcr: did not work with mixed format files.
- dep: option -utf is now deprecated, use -wchar instead
as this does not at all decode UTF-16 but just reads
plain ASCII from wide character files.
- fix: xe: non speaking error 21212902 on missing -usetmp.
- chg: sfk tail: extended example to show how to stop
file filtering on a specific text.
- add: chaining support commands: storetext and gettext
to remember the current chain text.
- add: chaining support command: stop to finish
execution within a chain.
- add: sfk list -kb[ytes], -mbytes, -gbytes
to list file sizes in larger units then bytes.
- CHG: lf-to-crlf, crlf-to-lf, addcr, remcr SYNTAX CHANGE:
now runs in simulation mode if a directory is given.
if a single filename, or a list of filenames is given
then conversion is done immediately.
- chg: sfk base+xd: xfind and xex now support full reformatting
of found text patterns by [part...] statements.
- add: addcr, remcr: no longer rewriting files that
need no changes.
- chg: addcr, remcr: no longer adding a line ending
at the last line if there was none. added
option -forceend to always force a line ending
at the last line.
- fix: addcr, remcr: truncation of binary files.
now all binary files are skipped.
- fix: xfind: crash on incomplete "chars of" pattern.
- chg: sfk source files now all with lf-only line endings.
- add: sfk help compile info how to compile sfk on linux.