Read the changelist for details.
Zip File Contents:
1. Binaries of Swiss File Knife Base, the multi function command line tool
for Windows (XP to Windows 7), Intel Linux (current and old releases),
Apple Macintosh (i686 and PPC) and ARM systems like Raspberry Pi.
2. Sourcecode and build scripts of SFK Base,
allowing compilation under Windows and Linux.
3. Some documentation, example and test files.
If you are in a hurry and want only a single executable,
- download any of these files:
sfk.exe Swiss File Knife for Windows.
sfk-linux.exe SFK for current Linux distribs, like Ubuntu.
sfk-linux-lib5.exe SFK for older Linux distribs, like DSL.
sfk-mac-i686.exe SFK for current Intel-based Macs.
sfk-mac-ppc.exe SFK for older PowerPC Macs.
sfk-arm.exe SFK for ARM systems like Raspberry Pi.
- do NOT double click on the downloaded .exe,
but open a terminal or command line window.
- cd into your download folder.
- Linux/Mac: rename the .exe to just "sfk" like:
mv sfk-mac-i686.exe sfk
then make it executable by:
chmod +x sfk
and finally type:
- Windows: rename the .exe to sfk.exe then type "sfk"
if you have no unzip tool, or in a wrong version,
you may download unzip for the command line from
- add: base+xd and xe: sfk xfind, search in text and
binary files using wildcards and sfk expressions,
with colored text output to terminal.
- dep: deprecated: sfk find -text should no longer
be used to read only text files, as the option
interferes with xfind -text patterns.
use sfk ftext to read only text files.
- fix: compile warnings: unsequenced access
- CHG: sfk find: no longer applying soft word wrap
at characters .,; by default.
use option -delim=.,; for old behaviour.
- chg: sfk find: search within binary files: no longer
lists a previous and current line but joins
them automatically for output.
- add: sfk find: option -delim to specify delimiters
for soft word wrapping.
- add: sfk split: option -text to split text files
at line boundaries.
- fix: sfk ftpserv: handling of ALLO command.
this now produces a normal 200 OK reply.
- fix: sfk find: search for long strings failed
even with -wrap(bin)=n change due to limited
internal buffer sizes. now result strings
can be up to 800 characters approx.
- fix: sfk find singleFile pattern +command
chaining did not work.
- chg: sfk xhexfind: -quiet now also disables the
files checked info.
- add: sfk filter: -toutf to convert iso-8859-1
text to utf-8.
- add: sfk runloop: now accepts $$ to print the
character $ in output text.
- chg: sfk runloop: no longer tells "error" on
non zero rc from called program.
- fix: sfk entab did not show help text.
- chg: sfk entab: complete rework, now writing
only files containing changes.
- fix: fixed some compile warnings.