Read the changelist for details.
Zip File Contents:
1. Binaries of Swiss File Knife Base, the multi function command line tool
for Windows (98 to 7), Linux (current and old releases)
and Apple Macintosh (i686 and PPC).
2. Sourcecode and build scripts of SFK Base,
allowing compilation under Windows and Linux.
3. Some documentation, example and test files.
If you are in a hurry and want only a single executable,
download any of the following. NO INSTALLATION is required,
the executables can be used instantly after download:
sfk.exe Swiss File Knife for Windows.
sfk-linux.exe SFK for current Linux distribs, like Ubuntu.
sfk-linux-lib5.exe SFK for older Linux distribs, like DSL.
sfk-mac-i686.exe SFK for current Intel-based Macs.
sfk-mac-ppc.exe SFK for older PowerPC Macs.
All executables have the version number in their filename for clarity.
You should rename them after download for easy use:
sfknnn.exe -> sfk.exe
sfknnn-linux.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-linux-lib5.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-mac-i686.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-mac-ppc.exe -> sfk
under Linux/Mac, also add "chmod +x sfk" afterwards.
if you have no unzip tool, or in a wrong version,
download unzip for the command line from
- add: partcopy: support for offsets relative to
file end, and to copy all data from an
offset without specifying the length.
- fix: sfk list \ did not work.
- fix: sfk list -time -tofile out.txt did not work.
- add: udpdump, udpsend: experimental multicast
- chg: ftp server: auto close of current connection
if another incoming connection is seen.
required for clients like filezilla.
- chg: ftp server: rework of status codes, using
standard codes now in most cases.
- add: ftp server: support for FEAT command, also
before login, to support more clients.
- add: ftp server: option -minspace to set required
minimum free disk space for file writing.
- CHG: SFK FTPSERV CHANGE IN DEFAULT BEHAVIOUR:
- current dir AND ALL SUB DIRS is made accessible.
use option -nosub to disable.
- with -rw, files of ANY size can be written.
use option -maxsize=n to set a limit.
- inactivity timeout is now 60 seconds.
- if a single working directory name is given
then listed filenames are no longer prefixed
by this directory name.
This means options -deep, -anysize, -rwany are
deprecated. Just type "sfk ftpserv -rw" to allow
full read/write access to the current folder.
- CHG: SFK STAT SYNTAX CHANGE: -minsize=100 now means
100 bytes, but no longer 100 megabytes.
use -minsize=100m to specify megabytes,
or -minsize=1g to list files larger 1 gbyte.
change was done to be consistent with general
-minsize option used with other commands.
- CHG: SFK FTPSERV -MAXSIZE SYNTAX CHANGE:
-maxsize=100 now means 100 bytes, and the
smallest limit allowed is 1m for 1 megabyte.
default is no size limit.
- CHG: SFK FTPSERV with SFK FTP client:
- improved transfer of file attributes. esp.
between linux machines (rwx of owner etc.)
- "dir" now lists real file attributes as on disk,
no matter if server runs with -rw or not.
- older sft clients may no longer list dir names
as they incorrectly expect "-" in the attribs.
- no longer listing text/binary infos per file
for better listing performance.
- CHG: SFK FTPSERV major rework:
- now accepts commands case insensitive.
- optional user name configuration.
- support for commands to change dir, create dir,
delete file or dir, list sub directory contents.
should now work better with some ftp clients.
- FIX: SFK FTP CLIENT: mget .ext, mput .ext didn't work.
- fix: ftp client: correct display of multi line replies.
- chg: sfk ftp client: interactive mode no longer
verbose by default.
- chg: sfk wget single file download no longer tries
to use caching via TEMP folder.
- CHG: info text color changed as it was unreadable
under windows with black shell background.
- add: sfk ftpserv: rmtree command.
- add: sfk select -minsize=3m -maxsize=10m mydir ...
to list or process only files within the
given size range.
- add: sfk media, cut and join video and binary files.
- add: sfk touch, change times of file(s).
- add: sfk filetime, list times of a file.
- add: sfk license, print the license text.
- fix: sfk echo foo +filter "$col1" showed no error.
- fix: sfk udpsend to multicast: get ownhost failed.
- fix: sfk stat dirname .mask always told "0 files".
- fix: sfk replace (variable length) in readonly file:
produced memory leak error.
- fix: copy under linux: empty (zero) access times
may have been set to random values in output.