This is a Maintenance Release.
Please read the changelist for details.
Zip File Contents:
1. Binaries of Swiss File Knife Base, the multi function command line tool
for Windows (95 to Vista) and Linux (current and old releases).
2. Sourcecode and build scripts of SFK Base,
allowing compilation under Windows and Linux.
3. Some documentation, example and test files.
this is an (experimental) source tarball for those who want
to build SFK using configure/make under linux. however
normally an SFK compile can be done by a single command
as listed in do-compile-unix.bat.
If you are in a hurry and want only a single executable,
download any of the following. NO INSTALLATION is required,
the executables can be used instantly after download:
sfk.exe Swiss File Knife for Windows.
sfk-linux.exe SFK for current Linux distribs, like Ubuntu.
sfk-linux-lib5.exe SFK for older Linux distribs, like DSL.
All executables have the version number in their filename for clarity.
You should rename them after download for easy use:
sfknnn.exe -> sfk.exe
sfknnn-linux.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-linux-lib5.exe -> sfk
under linux, also add "chmod +x sfk" afterwards.
if unzipping fails on some linux distributions,
download the current unzip from www.info-zip.org.
- fix: ftpserv under linux, and other commands:
CTRL+C was ignored.
- fix: sfk select ... +copy ... crashed esp. on linux.
- fix: sfk httpserv: filenames with blanks or special
characters could not be transferred.
- fix: sfk wget: no longer including port number
in Host header if it's default port 80.
- fix: hextobin: now also accepts single character
hex expressions like "0xa".
- fix: windows compile with mingw.
- add: tarball with configure script.
- add: sfk chars: options -hexlist, -hexsrc.
- add: sfk httpserv: mime type for favicon.ico file.