Read the changelist for details.
Zip File Contents:
1. Binaries of
- Swiss File Knife Base, the multi function command line tool
for Windows (95 to Vista) and Linux (current and old releases)
- Depeche View, a realtime text file research tool
for Windows (95 to Vista) and Linux (requiring WINE)
2. Sourcecode and build scripts of SFK Base,
allowing compilation under Windows and Linux
3. Some documentation, example and test files.
If you are in a hurry and want only a single executable,
download any of the following. NO INSTALLATION is required,
the executables can be used instantly after download:
sfk.exe Swiss File Knife for Windows.
sfk-linux.exe SFK for current Linux distribs, like Ubuntu.
sfk-linux-lib5.exe SFK for older Linux distribs, like DSL.
All executables have the version number in their filename for clarity.
You should rename them after download for easy use:
sfknnn.exe -> sfk.exe
sfknnn-linux.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-linux-lib5.exe -> sfk
under linux, also add "chmod +x sfk" afterwards.
if unzipping fails on some linux distributions,
download the current unzip from www.info-zip.org.
- fix: sfk tail did not work.
- fix: compile errors under 64 bit linux.
- CHG: SYNTAX CHANGE: option -waitonerror now does
exactly the same as -waitonerr. see fix below.
- FIX: SFK FTPSERV in PASV mode: no longer sends 127.0.0.1
as the server's IP, but the first network interface
IP of the system. the IP can also be set manually
using an option -ownip=x.
- DEL: FUNCTION REMOVAL: sfk synctext marked as deprecated.
it can still be used, but will be removed in future
releases. sfk synctext is very complicated to use,
and it's functionality is completely provided
in a much better way by Depeche View.
- chg: main help text complete rework.
- add: ftpserv: option -ownip=x to manually set PASV ip.
- add: udpdump: command chaining support.
- add: udpdump: option -stop=n to stop after n packages.
- chg: udpdump: -quiet no longer shows "waiting on port".
- FIX: option -waitonerr: long form -waitonerror
was misinterpreted as -wait.
- fix: some help text typos.
- fix: sfk samp html: typo.
- fix: udpdump: missing socket close at command end.
- fix: snapto: skipped nested snapfiles produced
unwanted blank line in output.
- chg: sfk if, call no longer listed in main help text.
- chg: code cleanup (deprecation warnings).
- add: support to compile with current gcc/mingw.
- chg: cleanup: removed most compile warnings.
- chg: global code cleanup: now using double bracket
mtklog, mtkerr and mtkwarn.
- chg: global code cleanup: long elimination.
base numeric type of sfk is now int.