A hundred command line tools in one executable. Find and extract text in binary files, list dir tree sizes, filter and replace text, run an instant ftp server, http server for easy file transfer, find duplicate files, join many text files into one, create and verify md5 checksum lists, run a command on all files, detab text, create hexdumps from files, trace contents of a tcp connection, find dependencies between files, print colored text to terminal, locate commands in the path, print last lines of a file, convert CR/LF, hex to binary, binary to source code, split and join large files, list the contents of all .zip .jar .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 files. Fully portable, for USB stick, without installation. For Windows, Linux and Mac. Source code should compile on further platforms as well, like embedded Linux.
- text file filter and replace
- command line grep and find for text and binary files
- run command on all files of a directory tree
- instant command line ftp and http server for windows and linux
- instant command line file transfer between windows and linux
- find duplicate files by content
- split and join large files
- create and verify md5 lists of files
- detab text files
- convert between lf (unix) and crlf (windows) line endings
- show head or tail of text files
- create hexdump of binary files
- list files of directory tree by time, size, name pattern
- list directory differences showing added or changed files
- list nested .zip .tar .tar.gz .tar.bz2 archive contents
- print traffic of a tcp, http, udp connection
- command line file tool package without installation
- multi function file tool for usb stick
This project is not called Swiss File Knife for nothing. It is very powerful. And with that power you also get detailed built in help, for the many commands the tool offers - that is unmatched. Thank you very much for this truly excellent software.
Cool project! Thanks
Surprisingly excellent software. A must have if you use a command line in windows.
Nice work ! Great project.