Compared your software with Ultrasearch & Everything. Everything seems to be faster but its using USN Journal system which I assume is some sort of indexing and uses very little amount of memory. Ultrasearch search MFT like SwiftSearch but is slower, results from searching a particular file ends up with UltraSearch using over 500MB memory while SwiftSearch using over 800MB memory. I think if the memory usage can be reduced it would definitely better than UltraSearch.
Doesn't really like Win7 x64. By this I mean that on my Windows 7 64-bit PC SwiftSearch crashes and displays the "SwiftSearch.exe has stopped working" message. When I click the View problem details button, the following is displayed: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SwiftSearch.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 5249525d Fault Module Name: SwiftSearch.exe Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 5249525d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0003f068 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 I hope this is helpful.
I had high hopes for SwiftSearch after it was highly recommended in a reputable computer magazine that I subscribe to, but after downloading it I found that the first few times it ran on my x64Bit Windows 7 Home Premium Edition laptop it ran perfectly except for the fact that each time I tried to run it, I was asked by Windows to give my permission for it to run/load. Once loaded I found that the program more than lived up to its title as it was indeed a swift search that found the file I set it looking for in a fraction of the time that the usual Windows search tool took to find the same file in the same location on my computer. Brilliant! However, after around a dozen or so searches, SwiftSearch began to stop responding while in search mode and the repeatedly crashed on me. I deleted the program and downloaded it once again from the official SourceForge download page for SwiftSearch opting for the newer version 3.0 in the hope that this would resolve the "not responding" and subsequent crashing glitch but was really upset to find that I was still being asked for permission to allow the program to run and then to find that when SwiftSearch did run it crashed straight away each time I tried to use it!! Sadly, what seemed like an excellent program initially, SwiftSearch's glitches make it unusable and my starred rating of one star seems overly generous in the extreme for me. IMHO, SwiftSearch has so much potential but the fact that I could not get it to run without giving it permission and then the ensuing "not responding" glitch which was followed by the program crashing means it deserves NO stars from me in actuality. That said, because of its potential, I will keep checking back with SourceForge for future SwiftSearch updates and will certainly download it in a future incarnation of the promise that it briefly showed me during its initial dozen or so searches.... Oh, and just for the record, I encountered the same problem(s) trying to run the program on two separate x64Bit Windows 7 Home Premium Edition laptops for comparison's sake. ******* UPDATE: Hi Mehrdad, Thanks for your response to my review. As you requested, I have downloaded the latest version of your SwiftSearch program and I am experiencing problems with it before I even get it installed.... Having tried to download the updated version of SwiftSearch on my WinXP PC I cannot connect to any of the download servers to complete the download? I initially connect and then the download ceases - not good at all when you consider that I can otherwise access the Internet perfectly well on this machine. Trying to download the program onto my 64bit Win7 laptop is much easier and the download is successful but when I run the installer I keep getting the following error message: C:\Users\My User Name\Downloads\SwiftSearch v4.1 [01-02-2015]\SwiftSearch.exe is not a valid Win32 application. No matter what I try, I simply cannot get SwiftSearch to install and that being the case, I cannot amend my earlier review. In fact, as I cannot even run the program, then my review is LESS favourable than its initial posting and that is quite sad because SwiftSearch showed so much promise when it was running but that promise has dissipated into deep disappointment. I really WOULD love to be able to run the program, but it seems that I am destined not to do so for the foreseeable future.....