Sweet Home 3D is an interior design application that helps you to quickly draw the floor plan of your house, arrange furniture on it, and visit the results in 3D.
- Draw walls and rooms upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels
- Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture from a catalog onto the plan
- Update colors, texture, size and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings
- View all changes simultaneously in the 3D view from any view point
- Create photorealistic images and videos with various light sources
- Import additional 3D models and export the plan at various standard formats
I want to run this software, but it complains that a package called Java 3D is not installed. I don't know where I can find such. I am running Fedora 18 Linux. The software has potential though. Years ago I installed a Windows program for home design. Took up lots of megabytes of space.