N.B. SuperCollider is now hosted at GitHub, and the most recent versions can be downloaded from there. http://supercollider.github.io
A real time audio synthesis engine, and an object-oriented programming language specialised for music.
SuperCollider was created in 1996 by James McCartney, now (since version 3) released as free software.
- Highly efficient real-time audio synthesis
- Expressive musical pattern system
- Efficient object-oriented programming language implementing features of modern functional languages
- Expressive multichannel support (massive numbers of input/output streams)
- Supports diverse stylistic and technical requirements
- Interacts with other systems using MIDI or Open Sound Control (OSC)
- Essential part of numerous art and science projects
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Supercollider runs faster than many paid analogs.
A way to create scalable audio projects and to compose music.
Supercollider works great.
very good project, thanks!
I highly recommend SuperCollider to any one new to digital audio signal processing with the need of manipulating incoming & outgoing audio streams and audio effects in real-time. The specialisation of SuperCollider on real-time audio allows you to design highly efficient & readable audio algorithms / programs (including GUI) in very few lines of code that would need 100-1000 lines of code in other languages (C, C++, Pyhton, Java, Matlab...). I have used SuperCollider by myself for: (1) education purposes at the technical university Berlin / T-Labs Berlin (2) Designing Digital Audio FX (3) Prototyping music application (4) Prototyping interactive (smartphone based) User Interfaces (5) Creating AU Plugins for MAC