Sudokuki - essential sudoku game
-- Changelog --
* 2011-09-17 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A40 (Alpha version)
- Fixed bug #3406695 "Twice the same Jar file in the binary release zip"
- Fixed bug #3406691 "Focus easily lost prevents keyboard play"
- Raise an error upon 'make' (resp. 'make dist') if the list of java files
(resp. the list of resources) is outdated
* 2011-09-02 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A39 (Alpha version)
- improved Autotools support
- Version.java is now auto-generated
- The standard 'make install' and 'make distcheck' are now supported
- Fixed bug #3390267 "sudokuki-1.0.A38.tar.gz is broken"
- Implemented tracker #3317014 'TODO: a proper "make install"'
- Fixed bug #3292435 "sudokuki.jar file too big"
* 2011-08-10 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A38 (Alpha version)
- implemented the capability to play with the keyboard
- added a focus mark showing the current cell in the grid
- fixed blurred aspect of the grid on OpenJDK (anti-aliasing)
* 2011-08-05 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A37 (Alpha version)
- implemented a "Clear All Moves" feature
- implemented a "Erase All Memos" feature
- added an experimental "Set Memos Here" feature
* 2011-08-04 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A36 (Alpha version)
- reactivated the Native sudoku generator and fixed its compilation warnings
- fall-back to the Java generator when the Native generator can't be loaded
- better compatibility with the Letter print format
- improved display and printing so that kanji will fit inside the grid cells
- output less text and a smaller logo image when the users prints grids
* 2011-08-03 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A35 (Alpha version)
- fixed bug #3383914 "Print multi (x4) is broken on 64 bits":
UnsatisfiedLinkError with Multigrid action in case the suexg_proxy lib
is missing or not loaded (example: 64 bits CPU with 32 bits lib).
- implemented Arabic/Chinese numbers selection
- implemented sudoku level selection
- added "Translate this application" dialog
- added "Please wait" dialogs where necessary
- updated dialogs that include links to websites
- updated "Contributors" section in the About dialog
* 2011-07-26 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A34 (Alpha version)
- implemented a Java transposition of Suexg C generator: SuexgJava
- temporarily deactivated the native generator (for portability tests)
- updated JNI files
* 2011-07-20 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A33 (Alpha version)
- added basic Russian translations from Dmitry Salnikov
- updated Portuguese translations from Dmitry Salnikov
* 2011-07-20 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A32 (Alpha version)
- fixed bug #3371789 "Print multi (x4) is broken!"
- added Portuguese translations from Dmitry Salnikov
- updated language menu and language dialog accordingly
* 2011-07-10 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A31 (Alpha version)
- fixed window size issue that was visible only with OpenJDK
- improved the positioning of the LanguageDialog
- some clean-up in the JNI code
* 2011-07-08 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A30 (Alpha version)
- Added a language selection dialog and its icon in the toolbar
- Reorganized Edit and Help menus
* 2011-07-05 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A29 (Alpha version)
- Greek translations (revived from v1.0, and using web search)
- Spanish translations (revived from v1.0, and using web search)
- Fixed the Toolbar that was missing since version 1.0.A28
* 2011-07-04 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A28 (Alpha version)
- The "Change language" feature is now operational
- Modified several menus to make them Locale aware
* 2011-07-01 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A27 (Alpha version)
- Esperanto translations
- Japanese translations
- Updated languages menu where the detected locale is selected
* 2011-06-24 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A26 (Alpha version)
- Added German translations from Claus Poerschke
- Updated po files
* 2011-06-18 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A25 (Alpha version)
- Updated po files
- Updated Makefile.am
* 2011-06-18 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A24 (Alpha version)
- Added languages 'de en eo es ja pt ru' to ALL_LINGUAS
- Marked many strings as translatable to allow translations
* 2011-06-15 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A23 (Alpha version)
- Improved i18n support and build (includes the .properties files into the jar).
- First Russian translations strings thanks to Dmitry Salnikov
* 2011-06-09 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A22 (Alpha version)
- Added i18n support (not yet fully functional)
* 2011-06-02 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A21 (Alpha version)
- Added dialog shown while the solving process is on-going and allowing to cancel.
* 2011-06-01 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A20 (Alpha version)
- Added "cheat -> resolve current grid" feature
* 2011-05-16 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A19 (Alpha version)
- Added "cheat -> show memos for all cells" feature
* 2011-05-13 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A18 (Alpha version)
- "Notes" renamed to "Memos" are now in blue
- Some code cleanup (moved to the grid model some model specific code)
* 2011-05-12 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A17 (Alpha version)
- "Clear cell notes" feature
- Some code cleanup (constants for notes)
* 2011-05-09 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A16 (Alpha version)
- Better prototype of cell notes dialog
- Implemented Read-Only cells
* 2011-05-08 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A15 (Alpha version)
- First prototype of cell notes dialog
* 2011-05-03 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A14 (Alpha version)
- Automatic check for new version at startup
- Toolbar button for download when a new version is available
* 2011-05-01 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A13 (Alpha version)
- Added a toolbar to the Swing GUI.
- Fixed 3 or 4 minor GUI bugs (wrong mnemonic for Help, tooltip text not showing up, etc.)
* 2011-04-30 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A12 (Alpha version)
. added a link button pointing to the project's forums on Sourceforge
. added a link button for easier download when a new version is available
* 2011-04-28 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A11 (Alpha version)
. added a link button to browse to the project's website
. added a "feedback" tab.
* 2011-04-27 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A10 (Alpha version)
- Updated About Dialog (version, contributors, transfer) using HTML
- Easier way to execute the program:
. sudokuki.jar is now generated in the top directory
. just clicking on sudokuki.jar will run the program on some platforms
. native shared libs expected to be in 'lib' directory relative to sudokuki.jar
* 2011-04-24 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A09 (ALPHA version)
- Added license (GPL v3 or later) to About Dialog
- Updated path to LATEST in Check Update dialog (for alpha versions)
* 2011-04-18 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A08 (ALPHA version)
- Print feature (for those who prefer playing on paper):
. now you can print the current grid
- Multi-print feature:
. now you can print 4 random grids and play on paper
* 2011-04-15 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A07 (ALPHA version)
- About dialog: added application logo
. changed resources.tar.bz2 to add logo.png
. updated src/Makefile accordingly
* 2011-04-14 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A06 (ALPHA version)
- first draft of the About dialog
- fixed position for dialogs (centered on the main frame)
* 2011-04-11 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A05 (ALPHA version)
- src/Makefile : fixed Cygwin compilation by escaping '(' and ')' characters
* 2011-04-08 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A04 (ALPHA version)
- src/Makefile : rework for effective detection on a CYGWIN environment
- added Copyright notice and License terms (GPL v3 or later) to all source files.
- added file 'checklist.sh' as a reminder of things to do for each release
* 2011-04-07 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A03 (ALPHA version)
- src/Makefile : detect if the OS is "Linux" or "CYGWIN" and set variables accordingly
- updated NEWS, configure.ac
* 2011-04-06 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A02 (ALPHA version)
- added a "Check for updates" dialog in the help menu
. centralized package version number inside configure.ac
. Version.java is generated during build and used in CheckUpdateDialog
* 2011-04-04 - released Sudokuki 1.0.A01 (ALPHA version)
- first version of Sudokuki in Java
- includes public domain Suexg grid generator (C language)
- basic graphical user interface based on Swing
- includes Gtk+ stock icons (GNU General Public License)
- experimental Print feature to print the grid
-- Stable releases --
The stable release files can be found here:
Translations include English, Esperanto, French, German,
Greek, Japanese, and Spanish at the moment.
The current stable release is version 1.0.
-- Forums --
Please consult the Sudokuki FORUMS on Sourceforge:
and share your comments with other users and contributors.
Those forums are a good place to ask questions, report bugs,
suggest features, contribute by submitting patches, or get
some HELP for anything related to Sudokuki.
-- Free software license and Copyright --
Sudokuki is released under the terms of the GNU General Public
License version 3 or later (GPL v3+).
This program is developed during the author's free-time, in the
hope that some users will find it useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
of any kind.
You are welcome to transfer this program to other people as long as
you respect the license terms. Read the GNU General Public License
for more details.
The full license text is available in the file called COPYING that
must be included in every copy of the program.
Sudokuki is free software ("Free" as in "Freedom").
Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Sylvain Vedrenne
-- Distributions including Sudokuki --
The following GNU/Linux distributions are known to be using
Sudokuki: Vector Linux, Puppy Linux, Arch Linux, etc.
-- Websites referencing Sudokuki --
Sudokuki is referenced by many websites, for example:
- Free Software Foundation - Free Software Directory
- Vector Linux
- Opensourcebistro.com (related to Vector Linux)
- Arch Linux
- Puppy Linux
- University of Amsterdam Master Education in System and Network Eng.
-- Alpha releases --
Alpha versions can be found here:
Sudokuki is being completely rewritten at the moment.
It is no more based on Gtkmm for the GUI. The GUI is now
written in Java and based on Swing. The main reason to
this is that the author is having fun rewriting the
program from C++ to Java and to learn more about Swing.
The author is also hoping to make it easier for users
and contributors (developers, testers, translators) to
help with the project, because using Java, Sudokuki
is expected to be easier to install and run.