Streamtuner2 is an internet radio station and video browser. Lists music stations in categories. Launches your preferred media apps for playback. Currently provides channel frontends for:
* Filtermusic, Dirble, PublicRadioFan, Delicast, vTuner, Reciva, RadioSure, WindowsMedia, ListenLive, Magnatune, etc.
It's modelled after the original StreamTuner 0.99, but now implemented in Python. And there's a self-contained PyZIP package now, easily runnable without installation per `python streamtuner2.pyz`
Source repo: http://fossil.include-once.org/streamtuner2/
- Runs on Python 2 or 3, and with Gtk 2 or 3 interface.
- Multiple audio players configurable for different audio formats.
- Recording via streamripper or youtube-dl.
- Based on a dynamic plugin scheme, easily extensible.
- JSON configuration and cache files.
- Exporting of playlists as .m3u, .pls, .xspf, .jspf, .asx, .smil, .wvx, .json
- Bookmarking and a built-in cache or server search.
- Music or video browsing.
- Complete manual included.
- The self-contained PYZ package runs without installation directly per Python.
- May share bookmarks with RadioTray.
- Command-line interface included for exporting, searching or player invocation.
Perfect tool for me. Excellent support.
Excellent!!! I love it, Thank you very much!!!!
The absolute worst successor to the original project. It's bloated and doesn't even work properly (tested on Fedora 22 w/ all codecs installed). The former was 100% better. It was simple and to the point w/ a clean interface. This version doesn't even allow me to add a custom stream. I, for instance, don't make use of anything it offers, because I would rather prefer the ability to add my own streams than to have a zillion of those that I don't intend to listen to. Open Source should be about the freedom of choosing. This app forces upon me what I don't want. Revive the old project, bury this one. It belongs into the bin.
Streamtuner2 is perfect! Thanks.
streamtuner2 works great