Streamtuner2 is an internet radio station and video browser. Lists music stations in categories. Launches your preferred media apps for playback. Currently provides channel frontends for:
* Filtermusic, Dirble, PublicRadioFan, Delicast, vTuner, Reciva, RadioSure, WindowsMedia, ListenLive, Magnatune, House-Mixes, UbuntuUsersWiki etc.
It's modelled after the original StreamTuner 0.99, but now implemented in Python. And there's a self-contained PyZIP package now, easily runnable without installation per `python streamtuner2.pyz`
Source repo: http://fossil.include-once.org/streamtuner2/
- Runs on Python 2 or 3, and with Gtk 2 or 3 interface.
- Multiple audio players configurable for different audio formats.
- Recording via streamripper or youtube-dl.
- Based on a dynamic plugin scheme, easily extensible.
- JSON configuration and cache files.
- Exporting of playlists as .m3u, .pls, .xspf, .jspf, .asx, .smil, .wvx, .json
- Bookmarking and a built-in cache or server search.
- Music or video browsing.
- Complete manual included.
- The self-contained PYZ package runs without installation directly per Python.
- May share bookmarks with MyOggRadio or into RadioTray.
- Command-line interface included for exporting, searching or player invocation.
If you love music, this is a must have application. It works great! You have access to hundreds, if not thousands, of streaming stations world-wide! The support is excellent as well. And, you can choose your own music application to play audio and your own multimedia player for the videos. Even though most good music applications can stream some radios stations, this offers many more. You can also set timers to record a station, so you won't miss your favourite broadcast. Thank you for this wonderful application.
Perfect tool for me. Excellent support.
Excellent!!! I love it, Thank you very much!!!!
The absolute worst successor to the original project. It's bloated and doesn't even work properly (tested on Fedora 22 w/ all codecs installed). The former was 100% better. It was simple and to the point w/ a clean interface. This version doesn't even allow me to add a custom stream. I, for instance, don't make use of anything it offers, because I would rather prefer the ability to add my own streams than to have a zillion of those that I don't intend to listen to. Open Source should be about the freedom of choosing. This app forces upon me what I don't want. Revive the old project, bury this one. It belongs into the bin.
Streamtuner2 is perfect! Thanks.