Noteworthy changes in release 4.14 (2016-10-04)
* Changes in behavior
* When using -p option without a command and no processes has been attached,
strace exits with exit status 1.
* Added printing of the mode argument of open and openat syscalls
when O_TMPFILE flag is set. (Addresses Fedora bug #1377846).
* Enhanced -e abbrev=set, -e raw=set, and -e verbose=set.
* Enhanced decoding of futex, keyctl, quotactl, timerfd_settime,
and aio family syscalls.
* Implemented fetching of the 7th subcall argument on mips o32.
* Updated lists of BPF_*, ETH_P_*, KEXEC_ARCH_*, SCTP_*, TCP_*, and *_MAGIC
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.8.
* Added decoding of new syscalls on sh and sh64.
* Added RISC-V architecture support.
* Bug fixes
* Marked io_setup and io_destroy as memory mapping related syscalls.
* Fixed leakage of placeholder descriptors to tracees.
* Fixed printing of mode_t, umode_t, and umask types.
* Fixed decoding of iovec arrays without a limit on total data size.
* Fixed decoding of fadvise64, fallocate, futex, keyctl, quotactl, readahead,
and ipc family syscalls.
* Fixed decoding of invalid syscalls mapped to indirect subcalls.
* Fixed decoding of struct btrfs_ioctl_vol_args_v2 on non-native
* Fixed decoding of PTRACE_DETACH on sparc and sparc64.
* Fixed decoding of struct stat64 on sparc64.
* Fixed decoding of uid and gid-related syscalls on sparc64.
* Fixed decoding of the forth argument of semctl syscall on sparc64.
* Fixed values of tty ioctl constants on sparc64.
* Fixed sparc personality support on sparc64.