Stellarium 0.15.0 for OS X (64-bit; 10.8+) based on Qt 5.6.1 (Clang/LLVM 5.0.0; OpenGL)
with media support.
In memory of our team member Barry Gerdes.
Version 0.15.0 is based on Qt5.6. Starting with this version, some graphics cards have been blacklisted by Qt and are automatically forced to use ANGLE on Windows.
We introduce a major internal change with the StelProperty system.
This allows simpler access to internal variables and therefore more ways of operation.
Most notably this version introduces an alternative control option via RemoteControl, a new webserver interface plugin.
We also introduce another milestone towards providing better astronomical accuracy for historical applications: experimental support of getting planetary positions from JPL DE430 and DE431 ephemerides. This feature is however not fully tested yet.
The major changes:
- Added StelProperty system
- Added new plugin for exhibitions and planetariums - Remote Control
- Added new skycultures: Macedonian, Ojibwe, Dakota/Lakota/Nakota, Kamilaroi/Euahlayi
- Updated code of plugins
- Added Bookmarks tool and updated AstroCalc tool
- Added new functions for Scripting Engine and new scripts
- Added Miller Cylindrical Projection
- Added updates and improvements in DSO and star catalogues (include initial support of The Washington Double Star Catalog)
- Azimuth lines (also targetting geographic locations) in ArchaeoLines plugin
- Many fixes and improvements...
In addition, we prepared a new user guide.
Full list of changed you can read here: