Stellarium renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real time with OpenGL. It displays stars, constellations, planets, nebulae and others things like ground, landscape, atmosphere, etc.
- Realistic simulation of the sky, sunrise and sunset
- Default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Downloadable additional catalogues for up to 210 million stars
- Catalog data for all New General Catalogue (NGC) objects
- Images of almost all Messier objects and the Milky Way
- Artistic illustrations for all 88 modern constellations
- More than a dozen different cultures with their constellations
- Solar and lunar eclipse simulation
- Photorealistic landscapes (more are available on the website)
- Scripting support with ECMAScript (a few demo scripts are included)
- Extendable with plug-ins: 21 plug-ins installed by default, including:
- artificial satellites plug-in (updated from an on-line TLE database)
- ocular simulation plug-in (shows how objects look like in a given ocular)
- Solar System editor plug-in (imports comet and asteroid data from the MPC)
- telescope control plug-in (Meade LX200 and Celestron NexStar compatible)
- Remote control via web interface plug-in
- 3D landscapes plug-in
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
The info page needs to state clearly that this release will only work on 64-bit architecture operating systems. I have just wasted 5 minuets of my time finding this out (I use 32 bit XP).
all fine, except when ran the script to see the anlemma (path of sun through the year) program crashed.
Excellent Program for star gazing.
Não é como diziam , me fararam que dava para ver o universo em tempo real , futuro e passado Sem falar em Constelações e também me falaram que dava para para ver ex Vênus pela superfície de Marte