Spondulas is browser emulator and parser designed to retrieve web pages for hunting malware. It supports generation of browser user agents, GET/POST requests, and SOCKS5 proxy. It can be used to parse HTML files sent via e-mail. Monitor mode allows a website to be monitored at intervals to discover changes in DNS or content over time. Autolog mode creates an investigation file that documents redirection chains. The retrieved web pages are parsed for links and reported to an output file. More information is available on the wiki.
- Support for GET and POST methods
- Parsing of retrieved pages to extract and categorize links
- Support for HTTP and HTTPS methods
- Support for non-standard port numbers
- Support for SOCKS5
- Support for pipe-lining (AJAX)
- Monitor mode to poll a website looking for changes in DNS or body content
- Input mode to parse local HTML files, e.g., e-mailed forms
- Automatic conversion of GZIP and Chunked encoding
- Automatic IP address Look-up
- Selection or generation of User Agent Strings
- Automatic creation of an investigation file
Excellent program. Supports POST in addition to GET requests, persistent connections for Ajax, and a monitor mode for checking for content changes. Great tool for intrusion analysts.