Speed Dreams is a Motorsport Simulator featuring high-quality 3D graphics and an accurate physics engine, all targeting maximum realism. Initially forked from TORCS, it has now reached a clearly higher realism level in visual and physics simulation, thanks to its active development team and growing community. It mainly aims to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, while constantly pushing forward visual and physics realism. It is also intended for any research, study or teaching activity, around physics and AI, thanks to its GPL V2+ license, and the clear and modular architecture of its C/C++ code base.
- 3D real-time motorsport simulator for gamers and researchers
- Accurate physics targeting maximum possible realism
- High Quality graphics
- 21 HQ tracks to race on
- 28 HQ fine-tuned cars in 4 balanced and consistent sets
- Many more cars and tracks available from the community
- 2 first class AI opponents for thrilling races
- Fully open to any research, study or teaching work (physics, AI, graphics, ...)
- Support for many input devices (keyboard, joypad, joystick, wheel/pedal ...)
- Runs under Windows and Linuxes and Mac OS X
Follow Speed Dreams : an Open Motorsport Sim
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
The developers are very stupid people. This spoiled the beautiful game, such a small piece. What's the twist machine mouse pointer? What kind of nonsense at all? Most of stupidity in my life seen. I would like to add the program to your site, but after testing generally removed from the list to add.
Support for many input devices (keyboard, joypad, joystick, wheel/pedal ...) Really ? So why we can't use it for controls ? Steering via mouse is very stupid and uncomfortable
The Recent Speed Dreams build for Macintosh: speed-dreams-base-2.2-r6106-darwin-dev-testing.dmg (182.6 MB) Tests out GREAT on Mac OS X 10.9.5 on Hardware MacPro3,1 Excellent Job!
Totally unplayable. Using either mouse or keyboard just makes the thing spin out of control. Graphics reminded me of legacy style arcade.
The game looks good and it's very configurable. btw I can't understand why can't I turn to sides with the arrow keys! driving with the mouse is very hard