SparkyLinux is a GNU/Linux distribution created on the "testing" branch of Debian. It features customized lightweight desktops (like E19, LXDE and Openbox), multimedia plugins, selected sets of apps and own custom tools to ease different tasks.
Sparky is in-between the distros that are beginner-friendly and those, that require some amount of Linux knowledge. Beginning Linux users are advised to consult the project forums regarding any issues or doubts.
- Debian testing based
- Rolling release
- Fast, light & simple
- Most wireless and mobile network cards supported
- Set of desktops to choose: LXDE, Enlightenment, JWM, KDE, LXQt, Openbox, MATE, Xfce
- Special editions: GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue
- MinimalGUI Edition to customize the desktop
- MinimalCLI Edition features core system and a few tools
- DVD media with selected set of apps, multimedia codecs and plugins
- For 32 and 64 bit machines with BIOS or UEFI motherboard
- Easy hard drive / USB installation
- Own repository with a large set of additional applications
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
There are no 1 star reviews.