Sonicle WebTop is a Web2.0 application framework to be installed under Tomcat, using Postgres as its main database.
Groupware services require an IMAP server and an SMTP server.
A typical WebTop Services installation with Groupware is done in these steps:
- Download the latest ZIP file containing all the binary distribution
- Unzip it inside a temporary folder
- Create a new database for webtop on your Postgres
- Run webtop-clean.sql into the webtop database
- Prepare Tomcat with Jaas and common libraries
- Prepare Tomcat startup with specific options
- Copy the webtop-webapp files into a webapp in Tomcat
- Modify its META-INF/context.xml to point to the correct database
- Run Tomcat
- Access WebTop as admin to configure initial settings
- Configure users
- Access WebTop as one of the configured users
The distribuzion zip file contains a detailed INSTALL.txt file that will
guide you step by step up and running.