Solarex is a space exploration game. You start in a stellar system of the inhabited zone, with no freight, a little money and, of course, your ship. You can become a trader, prospector or explorer, or all of them a little bit.
To run Solarex, just download the solarex-0_32.jar. This is an executable jar file. If you have Java 6 or newer installed, a double click on the jar file should start Solarex. If this doesn't work, please check the Wiki:
At the moment there are no real ship upgrades available yet, and many other functions are also only rudimentarily implemented.
Changes in 0.32 since 0.31
- A better planet info panel.
- Ship info panel now shows real ship information.
- Ship equipment items are now actually saved with the game.
- Many minor UI improvements.
- Work on delivery quests for the bulletin board started, but they are not functional yet.
- Proper XML style saved games (I hope).
- Unfortunately the saved games from 0.31 won't load in 0.32
The solarex-trunk-v0_32.tar.gz archive contains the sources and images for this release.