Snowbird Linux has [nearly] everything you need to try out a modern desktop. You don't have to erase anything on your current system and it won't put your files at risk.
Take a test drive using the bootable media; Snowbird Linux can also be installed from the live environment side by side with your current operating system or as a standalone replacement.
The stable releases are:
(Fedora 19) - Snowbird Linux 19 (New Dawn - 19.2 - 16th October 2013)
(Fedora 20) - Snowbird Linux 20 (Misha - 20 - 25th December 2013)
The development release is:
(Fedora 24) - Snowbird 24 Pre-Release 3
*Fixed Live Install bugs
*No Timbuktu warning
*Updated repos and packages
*UI bug fixes
*SBL Release and Repo
*Better Font rendering
Follow us on Facebook on http://www.facebook.com/sblabs to stay informed about the latest happenings at Snowbird Labs.
- Based on Fedora (+ released updates)
- Tweaked Gnome 3 desktop
- Clean theme with flat icons
- LibreOffice suite
- TrueType fonts along with font management application
- Bundled audio and video codecs
- Blu-Ray and Dual Layer DVD burning support
- Web, social and telephony applications
- Pre-configured Firefox (plugins and extensions)
- Productivity and graphics software
- Basic development tools
- Useful utilities and accessories
- RPMFusion, Google, and Adobe repositories pre-configured
- Selected packages from the Negativo17 repository
- Enhanced printer/scanner/camera support and access to Open Printing repository
- SBL repository for updating third party software
- Bootable live dvd with optional installer
- Installable on a USB drive (pen drive or external disk)
Wonderful remix, works perfectly and saved me a million hours with it's built-in packages. I recommend adding Drop Down Terminal (Google it) as an extension. It adds a terminal that can be used by pressing a keystroke. Great remix, wonderful mixture of packages and configs.