SMTHPlayer is a universal cross-platform player for the smooth streaming format. It supports ism/isml and csm manifests as well as VC-1, H.264, WMAv2, WmaPro and AAC codecs. It uses mplayer to play streams and it's written in php.
I provide preconfigured versions of smthplayer for both Windows and Linux (even if Windows support is not guaranteed). However, you can configure the program by yourself by reading the "Configuration" section in the README file.
I also provide a preconfigured Windows version that includes a full mplayer pack (mencoder is included, even if it's not necessary to smthplayer), Faad 2.7 and bgrun.exe (needed in Windows to run background processes), because it's more difficult for Windows users to find precompiled binaries. I've not checked the binaries (I've just found them on the Internet), so use them AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The program has been SUCCESSFULLY tested on Ubuntu 10.04 - 11.04 - 12.04, Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Manifest parser for both ism/isml and csm manifests;
- VC-1 and H.264 support for video;
- WMAv2, WmaPro and AAC support for audio;
- Direct control of MPlayer;
- Possibility to start the stream from a precise point;
- Next timestamp calculation in live streams;
- Timestamp calculation from chunk "d" attributes;
- No timestamps sync during buffer time, for faster buffering;
- Initial delay option, for safe streaming beginning on some servers;
- Automatic start of the player, if set;
- Playfile building (for manual start of the player);
- High level of customization (see README to customize options).
Nice, thank you
Easy to install and use.