Redland Smart M3 (RedSIB), developed by ARCES (UNIBO) from Nokia C Smart M3.
Release Alpha 0.4.1:
- Added SPARQL subscribe support .
( Available new alpha pythonKPI to test, onky m3_kp will support it )
In next releases an optimized algorithm will be improved to make it more faster.
- Better big size triplestore support.
- In order to simplify, black nodes are not managed anymore in the SIB.
Every inserted triple coming from RDF-XML with blank nodes will be discharged.
- Improvements in performances for subscription operations when massive sets of
triples are inserted or removed.
- Better threads managements for subscriptions.
- Fixed some bugs.
- RDFXML support on insert, remove and update operation. Check document in DOCS.
- Reasoning RDF++ (available as options, check in 'redsibd --help')
- Sqlite support for DB (slow but completely persistent)
- Fixed some bugs.
What offers more compared to official Smart M3:
- It offers stability of 10-year experience of redland triplestore. BDB default database
offers very fast performances.
- It can manage RDF subscriptions with a new fast algorithm.
- It execute SPARQL query.
- TCP module will not crash due to manage subscriptions with disconnected KPs..
Garbage collector will remove still-active subscriptions with disconnected KPs.
What not supported anymore:
- Wilbour query are not supported anymore.
Sib-tcp v0.7 is with subsciption suppression control.
Load 'sib-tcp -sub-wake-fr -1' to disable socket exporer.
Requirements: Ubuntu >= 10.04
For x86 architecture just execute install.sh for install
the debian packages in right order.
No additional package is required.
Just execute uninstall.sh, everything will be completely removed.
Execute first 'redsibd' and next 'sib-tcp' in two different terminals.
redsibd is available with --help options.
COMPILE or HACK:
For compiling it's necessary to install following packages with this line (in ubuntu 12.4) :
> sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool libexpat1-dev uuid-dev libdbus-1-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev
librdf0 librdf0-dev gtk-doc-tools
Even if redland is still installed with packages it's necessary to download from http://librdf.org/
last package redland-1.0.XX.tar.gz, unpack, compile and install with autogen.sh, make and make install.
Following to compile single redsib packages it's necessary to run:
-make install > to direct install
-dpkg-buildpackage > to create a debian package (suggested.)
NB To install debian packages the command is sudo dpkg -i XX.deb
redsibd and Nokia sibd can be installed both on the same machine.
If you still have official Smart M3 installed pay attention to libwhitedoard and libwhitedoard-dev
library replication in /usr/local/lib and in usr/lib. In this case just remove old libraries.
With official parser SPARQL query will not work.
SSAP specifications for SPARQL are included in Sofia D5.23 and in DOCS document.
SPARQL API are available in C#, Java and Python.
For any question:
Francesco Morandi <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>