Skim is a PDF reader and note-taker for OS X. It is designed to help you read and annotate scientific papers in PDF, but is also great for viewing any PDF file. Skim requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Viewing PDFs
- Adding and editing notes
- Highlighting important text, including one-swipe highlight modes
- Making "snapshots" for easy reference
- Navigation using table of contents or thumbnails, with visual history
- View all your notes and highlights
- Convenient reading in full screen
- Giving powerful presentations, with built-in transitions
- Handy preview of internal links
- Focus using a reading bar
- Magnification tool
- Smart cropping tools
- Extensive AppleScript support
- Saving passwords in Keychain
- Export notes as text
- Automatic download of remote PDFs
- Support for Apple Remote Control
- Interaction with LaTeX, SyncTeX, and PDFSync
- Integration with BibDesk and other third party applications
- Spotlight support
- Highly customizable
- And much more...
Best OSS PDF viewer for OS X bar none. Period.
Best PDF viewer for Mac OS X to use for latex editing. I use it with TextMate and i can do forward-backward search and auto-refresh with synctex.
Skim is awesome. Yet, it doesn't work on OS X El Capitan at this moment. Shows only black screen for PDF previews, while thumbnails work fine.
Much smoother than Acrobat when page up and down.
I use it in my everyday. Excellent piece of software.