RELEASE News of rcssserver3d-0.6.7
This is the RoboCup 2013 release. It comes with some bug fixes, and also
compatibility with latest Boost libraries. New foulds and new debugging
facility are provided. Now, fouls are sent to the monitor so that it can
provide visual feedback about them. Finally, support for heterogeneous robots
is added and two sample types are provided.
* Heterogeneous Players:
This release supports heterogeneous players. Currently, two extra Nao robots
are provided beside the standard Nao (thanks Stefan and Klaus).
- Usage: to use the new heterogeneous players, a new scene command should be
used. While the old style scene commands work, for using hetero players you
should send "(scene rsg/agent/nao/nao_hetero.rsg TYPE_NO)", in which TYPE_NO
is the type number of the player type. Type 0 is the standard type, and
hetero types start from 1. Therefore, to load Nao type 1 the following
command should be sent: (scene rsg/agent/nao/nao_hetero.rsg 1). Notice that
you can use the new style command for loading standard Nao, using 0 as
- Heterogeneous Robot Parameters: The robot parameters for different types
are defined in a new file: "naorobottypes.rb". New types can be added to the
array. But to define new parameters, corresponding .rsg files should be
- Rules: Each team can use a limited number of hetero players. The limits
can be configured in naosoccersim.rb using "MaxTotalHeteroCount" and
"MaxHeteroTypeCount" variables. The former limits the total number of hetero
players for each team, and the latter specifies the maximum number of players
of a single hetero player type.
* Other Features/Changes:
- Charging fouls rules are added (thanks Patrick). These fouls are not
penalized, but recorded and sent to the monitor. New rules can be configured
- Fouls are added to the monitor protocol to provide visual feedback about
them to viewers.
- For debugging purposes, sensing the orientation of the agent can be
enabled using "setSenseMyOrien" option in the .rsg file of an agent (added
- A player can kick the ball in kickoff if there are only 2 players in
the field to support current penalty mode.
- Fixed bugs in goal counting when changing team sides in the second half.
Now, this feature should work fine. However, it is disabled by default now
since we don't use it currently in the competitions.