SimpleCheck Enhancements to Version 8.0.0
Installed Enhancements & Bug Fixes:
1) 8.0.1 - Bug Fix: Enlarged the user name buffer to accomodate long names to fix an authentication problem preventing deletes.
2) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: When the Find window is opened, the "Find what:" field is now highlighted.
3) 8.0.2 - Added an Exit (program) item to the File Menu of the MailBoxes (Result) window, similar to the SimpleCheck System Tray Exit.
4) 8.0.2 - Selecting a MailBox in the left-pane now highlights the first message in the right-pane and transfers the focus there.
5) 8.0.2 - Doing a Delete Now (X) retains the focus in the right-pane and highlights the message after the last deleted one.
6) 8.0.2 - Marking a Message for Deletion with a Tool Button now advances the MailBox window message list Highlight 1 line.
7) 8.0.2 - Focus handling is now consistent throughout the application so it now remains in the MailBox window right-pane.
8) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: Messages are now reread from the Saved File Directory reliably regardless of which Windows OS is being used.
9) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: A Reply from the MailBox (Result) window now Reads an UnRead message automatically and then opens SimpleSend.
10) 8.0.2 - SimpleSend now requires that the To & Subject fields not be empty; as indicated by the orange color of the fields.
11) 8.0.2 - Double-clicking the BCC address field in SimpleSend adds the Sender E-Mail address into the BCC list.
12) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: All E-Mail addresses now show in the Message Preview window by wrapping to new lines.
13) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: The Cancel button in the Progress window now works properly for both reading a Message and when Checking MailBoxes.
14) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: The .scpf Profile file is now completely loaded even if a Ctrl-Z is accidentally embedded in a message entry.
15) 8.0.2 - A log file of key application process steps is now created at SimpleCheck startup to aid in debugging: debug_info.txt
16) 8.0.2 - The MailBox window will no longer disruptively pop-up as the top window if a SimpleSend window is open.
17) 8.0.2 - When the SimpleSend window is opened the focus is now directed to the To: field.
18) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: A Reply done from the MailBox window now picks up "CC" addresses like the Message Preview window Reply does.
19) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: Saving a Message Preview to a file no longer leaves the message text highlighted.
20) 8.0.2 - Automatically copies the .scpf Profile file to a .scpf.BAK backup file at SimpleCheck startup in case of problems.
21) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: TNEF winmail.dat attachments will now Open correctly.
22) 8.0.2 - Bug Fix: Printing from SimpleSend now includes any Attachment file names.
23) 8.0.3 - Limited the Message Preview window header area to be no more than 25% of the window; added To & CC scroll bars, when needed.
24) 8.0.3 - Lightened the background color for SimpleSend Required Fields (E-Mail Address, To & Subject).
25) 8.0.3 - Renamed the Message Preview window to SimpleRead.
26) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: Printing from SimpleRead now includes any Attachment file names.
27) 8.0.3 - Printing from SimpleSend now includes a current Date/Time stamp line.
28) 8.0.3 - MailBoxes window no longer pops-up as the front window from an Auto-Check when no new mail messages are found.
29) 8.0.3 - When Auto-Check is in Progress the MailBox name being checked is shown at the bottom of the MailBoxes window.
30) 8.0.3 - Added a Make Folder button to Settings/Common/(Saved Messages & Quarantine Directory fields [...]).
31) 8.0.3 - Added a Double-Click Tooltip Balloon description when the cursor hovers over the SimpleSend BCC field.
32) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: MailBox window size changes are now reliably saved when the option is checked on the Common tab Settings page.
33) 8.0.3 - Big Fix: Restoring the minimized SimpleRead window no longer causes all message body text to be highlighted.
34) 8.0.3 - Replaced all Tool Bar buttons with large 32x32 pixel Icons in the SimpleSend, SimpleRead and MailBox windows.
35) 8.0.3 - The SimpleSend window can now be closed after sending by pressing the Enter key, depending on confirmation option settings.
36) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: Corrected the memory allocation and handling for Mailbox Signatures.
37) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: Signatures are now always properly associated with the selected MailBox being used in SimpleSend.
38) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: Signature Tool Bar button and Attach menu items are grayed-out when no signature is defined.
39) 8.0.3 - The SimpleCheck version number is now displayed in the upper right corner of the MailBox window.
40) 8.0.3 - Redesigned the Install/Setup program so that Auto-Update works properly for all supported Windows OS versions.
41) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: The Match Case option in Find now works properly when searching through a MailBox.
42) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: Highlighted information in Subject, To & CC header fields in SimpleRead can now be copied with a right-click.
43) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: SimpleSend will now allow text body editing for Reply or Forwarded messages that are more than 30,000 characters.
44) 8.0.3 - Added MailBox window Toolbar buttons for Settings and Saved Messages.
45) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: The Saved Messages window now works properly without getting a fatal error and sizes automatically.
46) 8.0.3 - Changed the Common Tab default selections to those found to be most useful and popular for new installations.
47) 8.0.3 - At startup SimpleCheck now notifies the user if the Auto-Update SC-Setup.exe file is defined but cannot be opened.
48) 8.0.3 - An E-Mail message Reply now automatically removes the senders address in the CC field of SimpleSend.
49) 8.0.3 - Bug Fix: The Notify Only Once option now works properly in all cases so that Sound Notifications will be played if defined.
50) 8.0.3a - Bug Fix: Redesigned the memory management code related to the Default and MailBox .wav files to prevent fatal errors.
51) 8.0.3a - Bug Fix: Pressing Cancel while reading a new message will no longer produce an Access Violation and abort.
52) 8.0.3a - Bug Fix: Auto-Update installs will now place appropriate files in the expected directories.
53) 8.0.3a - Added the ability to manage and Move an Active profile (.scpf file) to another Directory.
54) 8.0.3a - Default items in all context menus are now obvious by being listed with a Bold font.
55) 8.0.3a - The MailBox window is no longer refreshed unnecessarily unless a change is made to Settings or Profiles.
56) 8.0.3a - A Save button was added to the Profiles window so the current .scpf file data can be flushed to disk, if desired.
57) 8.0.3a - The Auto-Update Verify message window now indicates if the update is newer than the current version.
58) 8.0.3a - The SC Installation program now always updates SimpleCheck into the existing program folder.
59) 8.0.3a - The current MailBox is automatically selected and highlighted in the Source field for Settings/Filters tab.
60) 8.0.3a - Added a URL to the About window to Subscribe to the SimpleCheck-Updates Mailing List on SourceForge.
61) 8.0.4 - Bug Fix: A change to the Recovery option selection is now saved when the window is Closed.
62) 8.0.4 - Doubled the size of buffers for the To, CC and BCC fields in SimnpleSend to 512 bytes each.
63) 8.0.4 - Installed a Build number mechanism to facilitate better Version Control during SimpleCheck development.
64) 8.0.4 - Bug Fix: Stabilized and fully separated the SimpleRead and SimpleSend processes from each other.
65) 8.0.4 - SimpleSend will now insert the Signature in the message body wherever the cursor is placed.
66) 8.0.4 - Bug Fix: The Check Mail Progress window Skip button now functions correctly and proceeds to the next MailBox.
67) 8.0.4 - New Major Feature: Create colored Virtual Folders with new Message Folder menu under any MailBox to organize messages.
68) 8.0.4 - A message can be placed into an existing MailBox Folder using the new Folder button in SimpleSend.
69) 8.0.4 - The currently selected MailBox in the left pane of the MailBox window is now Underlined and displayed in Bold font.
70) 8.0.4 - The MailBox Settings/Accounts window has a new Unhide option to show forgotten passwords if the User is an Administrator.
71) 8.0.4 - Renamed the Downloaded Messages feature to Message Cache to be more precise.
72) 8.0.4 - Bug Fix: Whenever a MailBox is renamed the corresponding Message Cache folder is now also renamed to match.
73) 8.0.4 - The ascending/descending sort indicator in the MailBox window is now a Red up/down arrow to make it more visible.
74) 8.0.4 - The Profiles window has been renamed to: Profile Management.
75) 8.0.4 - There is now a convenient Save Profile menu item in the File menu list of the MailBox window.
76) 8.0.4 - A Refresh item has been added to the File menu of the MailBox window and can also be activated with the F5 key.
77) 8.0.4 - Bug Fix: The Font selection feature on the Common Tab of Settings has been reworked and is now stable.
78) 8.0.4 - Bug Fix: Minimized MailBox window no longer steals the focus when new mail is found via Auto-Check.
79) 8.0.4 - SimpleRead now recognizes VCalendar GoToMeeting Invitations and presents a clickable link to join a meeting.
80) 8.0.4 - Reorganized and clarified the right-click context menus in the MailBox window.
81) 8.0.4 - Replaced the Printer module to update it from Windows 95 coding to contemporary Windows standards.
82) 8.0.5 - Added a Private MailBox feature so that multiple users can have E-Mail privacy within the same Desktop & Profile.
83) 8.0.5 - Added a File Menu/Mute state to suppress all Audio Noifications without altering the Profile Settings.
84) 8.0.5 - Added a "Check For Updates" item to the Help Menu in the MailBox window.
85) 8.0.5 - Changed the MailBox window Date column to reflect the date/time messages are received by the server, not the PC client.
86) 8.0.5 - SimpleRead now processes Microsoft VCalendar Invitations correctly without causing SimpleCheck to crash.
87) 8.0.5a - Bug Fix: Always Selects a MailBox account in the left pane to avoid Illegal Access (undefined variable) crash conditions.
88) 8.0.5a (082) - Bug Fix: When MailBoxes are empty, Creating or Renaming a Folder will no longer cause an Illegal Access abort.
89) 8.0.5a (082) - Bug Fix: Folder Message Counts are now reset when Message Caches are Cleared.