|Name||Modified||Size||Downloads / Week|
|SILEX dev kit v1||2011-02-24|
|Totals: 1 Item||0|
Download Silex v2
About Silex, live web creation.
Silex, is a free and open source website builder in the cloud. Create websites directly in the browser without writing code. And it is suitable for professional designers to produce great websites without constraints. Silex is also known as the HTML5 editor.
Brought to you by Silex Labs team, promoting free software. Current version: v2.0.0alpha5.
News and tutorials
Contact us and let people know about Silex
Installation on your local computer
This is for developers only, since our beloved designers can use the online version.
Developers you can clone this repository and start Silex, with nodejs. See instructions bellow.
local installation on linux or macos
Clone this repository, and do not forget the sub modules (cloud-explorer and unifile)
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/silexlabs/Silex.git
Install all needed modules
Start the server and then open http://localhost:6805/silex/ - note that 6805 is easy to remember, since it is the date of sexual revolution started in paris france 8-)
$ node dist/server/server.js
Or with grunt you can use
- Build, i.e. check syntax with *lint, compile with google closure builder/compiler
$ grunt deploy
- Watch, i.e. watch for changing files and build the debug version when files change, also use livereload
$ grunt watch
- Test, i.e. check syntax with *lint, compile the release version with google closure, and execute functional tests
$ grunt test -phantomjs $ grunt test -firefox $ grunt test -chrome
Note for cloud9 users: you may want to activate python
$ nada-nix install python
local installation on Windows
instructions provided by Régis RIGAUD :)
Installation of Silex:
- Launch the "Git Shell"
- Create a complete clone of Silex Project : git clone --recursive https://github.com/silexlabs/Silex.git
- Go to Silex's Directory.
- install depedencies : npm install
Start Silex :
- Launch Silex from a command prompt ( Silex's Directory) : node dist/server/server.js
- Open your favorite browser on http://localhost:6805/silex/ and ENJOY !!!
These are the upstream projects we use in Silex
- unifile, a nodejs server which provides a unified access to cloud services. This projects uses nodejs and these modules: express, dbox, express, googleapis, logger, node-oauth, oauth, path
- google closure library and compiler
- jquery and jquery UI are included in the sites generated by Silex