This is a simple tool that dumps shared memory segments (System V and POSIX), files and text. It might be useful when you have to debug programs that use shared memory.
- Dumps System V (shmget, shmat API) and POSIX (shm_open...) shared memory
- Also dumps files (like cat) and text (like echo)
- Several objects can be dumped in one run
- Useful for debugging purposes
- Works with Linux, FreeBSD and probably other un*x like systems
- Comes with an optional utility to calculate System V IPC keys via the ftok(3) library function
Be the first to post a review of shmcat!