2015-01-02 J.-P. Demailly <email@example.com>
* Version 126.96.36.199
* Port to the newer libXaw3dXft-1.6.2d.tar.bz2 (the latter is
actually a requirement, this version no longer compiles
with libXaw3dXft-1.6.2c). The point is that libXaw3dXft-1.6.2d
has improved binary compatibility with plain libXaw3d-1.6.x
* Only further cosmetic changes, no change in functionality.
2014-04-17 J.-P. Demailly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Version 188.8.131.52
* Minor fixes in 'configure.ac' and 'configure.old' scripts
Xpaint can now be compiled again with plain Xaw or Xaw3d
(this is NOT recommended, Xaw3dxft definitely gives much
better results !) Thanks to Stefan Husmann (Arch Linux)
for helpful reports in this respect.
* 'configure' (based on autotools) and 'configure.old' (based on
imake) should in most cases give essentially equivalent binaries.
* PDF files are now read by using mudraw if mupdf & mupdf-tools
are installed (otherwise Xpaint falls back to the formerly used
solution: pdf2ps + ghostscript, a much slower one...)
* Xpaint can now even import libreoffice files as images as soon
as libreoffice is installed (assuming /usr/bin/libreoffice is
a valid path to the main program)
2014-04-09 J.-P. Demailly <email@example.com>
* Version 184.108.40.206
* Includes the "version_and_focus_patch_for_2.9.10" and other
* The alpha channel menu now includes a new function that allows
editing as RGB values the image that appears when transparency
is applied on a background of the selected background color -
white being the default (this removes the transparency levels
afterwards, so as to get a pure RGB image).
* Bug (probably very old) corrected : selection of background color
always resulted in black being chosen !
* MINOR COMPILATION PROBLEM MENTIONED BY SOME USERS :
on some distros the configure script might not find the freetype2
headers. This can be fixed by replacing the line
in configure.ac, and running autoconf again.
Other (possibly better) solution : use the "configure.old" script
instead of "configure" - it seems to produce a binary executable
that has better optimizations.
2014-03-03 J.-P. Demailly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Version 2.9.10
* This version should preferably be compiled with libXaw3dXft-1.6.2c,
although it still works Ok with libXaw3dXft-1.6.2b.
* readWritePNG.c: fixed bug occurring when writing grayscale images
possessing no more than 16 colors.
* readWriteJPEG.c: JPEG images in CMYK colorspace are now handled
properly (they will still be memorized as RGB, so the original
CMYK information is lost, but at least they are shown correctly).
* fileBrowser.c: "Save" and "Save as" menus now include the option
to adjust JPEG quality between 50% and 100% (default is 90%)
* fileBrowser.c: improved logic : the file browser now remembers
file names when changing directories, and also takes into
account default extension when specifying file format.
* fileBrowser.c: thanks to a new feature from libXaw3dXft-1.6.2c
(possibility of creating colored lists), xpaint now
implements file type coloring in its file browser - at this
point this is guessed merely from the suffix of the file.
* operation.c: Canvas menu reorganized - it is now named
"File menu" so as to conform to general use. Except from
reordering the items, the main functionality is unchanged.
* pattern.c: bug fixes. A segfault problem in the zoom selector
has been corrected, and contextual help has been fixed.