serialLCD is Arduino based open-source project. It contains ATmega8 with given firmware file & the arduino library. The ATmega8 can be replaced by ATmega168/328. ATmega8 uses its 8MHz internal oscillator to reduce hardware (atmega8 no-xtal bootloader is used). The arduino library uses SoftwareSerial internally to communicate ATmega8 via digital pin 6 (only for uno/duemilanove or clone with atmega8/168/328, not for mega & due). Only one wire simplex serial communication at baudrate 9600 is required to communicate with serialLCD module. The library & firmware file is released in public domain as open-source project. Feel free to edit/improve/share it.
video available on youtube at:
- 1 Wire UART based Serial LCD
- Both Arduino & Raspberry Pi libraries for easy programming
- Free up primary serial port by using SoftwareSerial
- Backlight Brightness control using PWM
- Ready to use easy & small arduino library
- automatic line changing
- 9600 Baudrate
Be the first to post a review of serialLCD ATmega8 (ArduinoBased)!