Interpreter, compiler, libraries, documentation and examples for the Seed7 programming language. Seed7 is a general purpose programming language. It is a higher level language compared to Ada, C/C++ and Java. In Seed7 new statements and operators can be declared easily. Functions with type results and type parameters are more elegant than a template or generics concept. Object orientation is used where it brings advantages and not in places where other solutions are more obvious. Seed7 spares no effort to support portable programming. Several driver libraries assure that the access to operating system resources such as files, directories, network, clock, keyboard, console and graphics are done in a portable way. Although Seed7 contains several concepts from other programming languages, it is generally not considered a direct descendant of any other programming language.
- User defined statements and operators
- Abstract data types
- Templates without special syntax
- OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch
- Statically typed
- Interpreted or compiled to machine code
- PowerShell cmdlet: Find disabled or inactive users in Active Directory
- PowerShell cmdlet: Discover new users in Active Directory
- Infographic: Top IT Security Risks of 2017
- Free tool of the month: Netwrix Auditor Free Community Edition
Seed7 is a truly generic programming language since it allows to easily build your own syntax and domain-specific semantics. Also this system is very stable and easy to understand. Thanks to the author.
Thank you for your work.
Innovative ideas. features of seed7 are for real. generic programming make the most readable source, because of type being first class object.
Seed7 shows the direction future programming language development should go: Extensibility as basic feature which introduces everything else.
Innovative ideas. The combination of features cannot be found elsewhere.