Scrabble3D is a highly customizable Scrabble game that not only supports Classic Scrabble and Superscrabble but also 3D games and own boards. You can play local against the computer or connect to a game server to find other players.
- Configurable board, letterset and design
- Board in OpenGL graphics with user-definable wavefront model
- Game against computer with support of multithreading
- Post-hoc game analysis with calculation of best move by computer
- Match with other players connected on a game server
- NSA rating and highscore at game server
- Time limit of game, moves; additional time etc.
- Localization; use of non-standard digraphs like CH, RR, LL and option for right-to-left reading
- Multilanguage help / wiki
- Network games are buffered and asynchronous games are possible
- Running games can be kibitzed
- Optional malus fields for board setup
- Challenge mode, What-if variant, etc.
Thanks for updates ;)
very good project, thanks!
Great work Scotty, thank you. Previously my mum played an ancient Windows version which I could only get working (on Linux) in a Win98 virtual machine. Your version is much better in so many ways. She particularly likes the word definitions in 'tool tips' feature. She's 88. Perhaps one of its most elderly users. :)
I have searched for a Scrabble game for Linux for years, now I found this! WOW! Awesome program, lots of features. Thank you SO much for this- I love it! Been using it, wonderful game. Hubby loves the ability to change languages. I just got a tablet- any chance this could be ported to Android? Pretty please? :-)
very funny and enjoyable game :)