"Shane's Chess Information Database" is a huge chess toolkit with extensive database, analysis and chess-playing features.
Scid vs. PC is a usability and bug-fix fork of Scid. It has extensive interface fixes and improvements, and is fully compatible with Scid's .si4 databases. It's new features include a rewitten Gamelist, a Computer Tournament, and FICS, Tree and Book improvements.
- Databases fully compatible with mainline Scid and extensively tested
- Play chess on the internet or against the computer
- Computer Tournament feature
- Interface overhauled and debugged, including -
- Rewritten Gamelist, Ratings Graph, Analysis Engines and main window
- Drag+Drop support for Windows, Linux and other Xorg systems
- Tree window has embedded win/lose bar-graphs
- Book window allows for two books, and tuning has delete book move
- Clickable variation arrows
Follow Scid vs. PC
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
The 'rewritten' gamelist has no filtering like Scid has. Thats not useful. Also Scid, like Chessbase has a click-target-square move enter feature and Scid vs PC has not. Misses a few other features Scid has. Therefore it has fixed the nasty bugs known from Scid on Windows. But without the above two features i can develop no real workflow with it.