The sbackup suite is a simple backup solution for Gnome desktop. All configuration is accessable via Gnome interface. File and paths can be included and excluded directly or by regex, local and remote backups supported.
- creates compressed and uncompressed backups
- can split uncompressed backups into several chunks
- support of multiple backup profiles
- logging, email notification and status icon presenting progress and notifications
- scheduled backups and manual backups
- supports local destinations (e.g. harddisk) and remote destinations (e.g. NAS over FTP)
My Badluck unable to restore SBackup: While restoring backup showing error: One backup file size : 4.3Gb Backup Contains: etc home var storage but I selected var/lib/mysql then selected "Restore As" some location given then it started And it created one directory "tmpJ2Qk2j" but that directory contains zero. I tried it terminal: srestore.py --command or tar -xvpf files.tgz -C /store/path This Command extracted "Home and etc" and it automatically terminated "tar: error is not recoverable: exiting now" Plz help me out from this issue. I need to restore lib directory.
Should only send email when log level is matched or exceeded.
As an Ubuntu newbie I just followed the recommended settings and a month later get the message that my root folder partition is full. With help from the Ubuntu forums I find that it is all the backups from this program!! I also can't get it to recognize my NAS drive which would be a much better destination. Very disappointed.