Saladin is an open source dual-pane file manager for Windows which merges the capabilities of Windows Explorer with the well known and easy to use orthodox user interface. Saladin supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista or newer and Windows Server 2008 or newer.
- Dual pane user interface makes working with files much easier and faster
- Full Windows Shell integration for icons, contextual menus, drag and drop and file operations
- Integrated file viewer which can display text files using any encoding, binary files and most common image formats
- Support for ZIP archives which can be browsed just like regular directories
- Basic support for FTP connections which allows to connect to an FTP server
My favourite dual-pane file manager for Windows! Some feature requests (as registering to the forum does not work): - remember history of last visited directories when you click on a favorite directory or when the app is closed - use one history of last visited directories for both panes - more userfriendly search. currently you need to put asterisks around every search term - button to switch panes: left to right and right to left - export/import settings and favorites - hotstrings for favorites: allow to add hotstrings to favorites for fast keyboard navigation. e.g. add hotstring "des" to the Desktop folder, and immediately go there when you type ctrl-g des enter